Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hair Tip thingy: How to avoid Nast Hair From Over-Dying

Due to the fact that my hair grows RIDICULOUSLY fast (I'm talking like a little over an inch a month) I have to dye my hair at minimum every 3 months or I have that freaky ring around my head.

I did have an unfortunate case of dead hair... over bleaching :(
(p.s. I will never go blonde again)

I had to learn the hard way that over processing leads to having to cut all your hair off. It's a sad moment having to admit defeat with your hair and say goodbye. Luckily I may be able to help prevent that.

First thing you will need Is a very good weekly treatment mask oil thingy. A good one that you can get at any Ulta store is the macadamia stuff.... just... picture:


Before you do any treatment chemical stuff you HAVE to be taking care of your hair. I use vegan shampoos/ shampoos without sulfates which is the stuff that makes the shampoo lather. Sulfates strip your hair of the oils that keep it healthy and strong and shiny. Paul Mitchell makes a good sulfate-free shampoo though keep in mind they can be kinda expensive.

If you hair is good and ready to be chemicalized get whatever dye it is that you like. It really doesn't matter. They all damage your hair so picking one over the other doesn't do an iota of good.

After the process rinse you hair with COLD water. ICE COLD water. It keeps your hair strong and shiny despite the dry-ness brought on by the dye. Air dry your hair only or if you have to use a blow dryer use cod air.

While your hair is still damp your going to need to put an oil or a color protectent treatment. Argan oil is a miracle. Grab one at your local sally's beauty.


When I didn't have this I actually took the conditioner I use (also vegan) and put some in my hair after it was half dry. Makes it all soft and shizz.

Thankfully its that easy. You also need to make sure that you eat a healthy diet. Some carrots and spinach are good for your hair. Get your vitamin E on  and your vitamin C. A diet of McDonalds isn't going to help you or your hair at all.

Super fun stuff... So..... Yeah



No comments:

Post a Comment