Sunday, April 29, 2012

DIY Avocado Hair Mask


I've been blogging quite a bit lately. Not that I'm complaining about it, I enjoy doing this, but I havn't really put any useful information on here. So a quick story:


I’ve been looking for some homemade hair treatments that I can use to help my hair grow faster and stronger. Due to an unfortunate phase that I went through a few years ago it has never been quite the same. In short it needs a LOT of TLC.
To my surprise a website that I visited suggested that I use a mashed up avocado as a deep conditioner. Firstly.. I don’t like avocados: the taste, the smell, the consistency; Just not good.

Needles to say I was HIGHLY skeptical.
Upon looking into it further I found out that (unfortunately) avocados are VERY good for your hair. They are high in vitamins B and E, which work at the cellular level to protect and strengthen hair.
Vitamin B is essential for hair growth. They help the body process proteins and fats, which are both used when your hair is growing.
Vitamin E is a little more interesting. It was not though to actually help hair at all, but recently it has been found that it helps repair damage and the scalp itself. Vitamin E caused capillary growth which will increase blood circulation to the scalp, WHICH will aid in growth.
To much sciency stuff for me to handle right now ><  the important thing is that if I mash up that nasty green thing and put it in my hair it will help it grow…..



So I did it. I mixed myself a nice hair concoction of ½ of an avocado and 2 tbs olive oil mushed it all together and smeared it in my hair…



 
After about 20min I washed my hair like normal aaannnnnddd
 Yup... it feels soft. It’s all shiny and pretty ^^
I know I’m going to have to do it a few more time to get lasting results, but it will take me a long while to get used to the smell.


No comments:

Post a Comment