Friday, May 25, 2012

I Saw A Movie!!! Chernobyl Diaries

This is probably the LAMEST title to an entry I could have come up with...

That is not the point of this though ^^ As you may have guessed I just saw the movie Chernobyl Diaries. I am a HUGE fan of the horror and suspense genre. I would pick a movie date to go see friggin Hostel or Saw than some chick flick. Yes I do watch girly movies as they are pretty funny and light-hearted, but something about horror movies inspires me.

Maybe I'm just a freak like that... Yeah I am a freak like that XD

Now I am not aspiring to call myself a movie critique in the slightest. I actually hate it when after a movie one of my friends starts analyzing the characters and historical value and crap like that. It's like seriously you can't just enjoy a movie for what it is?!?!

So yeah Chernobyl Diaries... what did I think:

1.) I honestly thought that it was more a suspense movie than a horror movie. There wasn't much gore, yeah people died but you never actually saw them die, and when they found dead people it wasn't just a pile of blood and guts. Siting through the movie I was more scared waiting for something to happen than when it actually did happen.
2.) There wasn't a whole lot of cursing like in usual rated R movies. The character's language was actually pretty tame compared to how I speak everyday 0.0 And if I were in such a situation everyother word out of my mouth would be vulgar.
3.) It had an unexpected ending, and I like that in a movie. Nothing ruins a movie like it being predictable. WHat was good about this one was that what I thought was going to happen was the exact opposite of what happened. Way to go writers!!
4.) A downside to the movie.. stupid people. You are in a radioactive town.... DO NOT RUN TOWARDS THE FRIGGIN NUCLEAR REACTORS!!!! seriously walk in the blody opposite direction to escape. How did they plan on escaping going to the exact spot where things are coming from... seriously.. IDIOTS

"My eyes burn"
"My sking burns!!!"
"Let's keep going.."
?!?!?!?!?!?!

GAHHH RAGE >=/


Overall though I would say you should go see this movie. Hell I'd even say you could see it with anyone 7+ years old, because honestly it is not that much of a rated R movie.

I also fel I should have some sort of rating system so for now i'm going to be unoriginal and give it a number out of 5

So officially i give Chernobyl Diaries:
3.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment