Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Costom Shoes: R2-D2 Toms

I thought I would share something cool that I have been working of for the past week.
 
So at the pole dance studio I go to (Post for another time eh?) I noticed one of the instructors had a pair of shoes that had comic booms and pows on them. I thought they were really cool. When I asked her about them she said that she really wanted them to do batman shoes but the place she went to can't paint copyrighted material.
 
I paint as a hobby. Never really intended to take that anywhere, but I told her that if she really wanted them then I could do it. She just stared at me for a good few minutes. She didn't believe me and so I showed her some of my art. She got super excited and just started listing shoes she wanted.
 
FINALLY she came up with she really wanted R2-D2 shoes since Disney's Star Wars weekends was coming up. I told her I would do it if she got me the shoes.... and good lord she actually did...
 
So .... I painted them and here they are start to finish...:
 
 
It started out with a sketch how did it end up like this (Musical notes here)
Yeah so I basically traced the top and side of the shoe and drew out what it would look like..
 
 
A better picture
 
 
AAAANNNNDD here we go!!
 
 
 
SHOE PRON!!
 
 
 
ALL THE SHOE PRON!!!
 
 
 
Look at those smexy things!
 
 
 
Almost there guyz
 
 
 
 
And this is the (almost) finished product. I added some detail after this picture was taken. I also will include a photo of the detail as well...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My Tumblr in the background lolol
 
 
And that's the detail photo. I also put my name on the tag on the back but that's not important.
 
I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how well they turned out. I know someone will find flaws in them. Don't worry I already have. They aren't' perfect and there is no way to get them perfect so I'm not to worried about that. All I care about is that the person who will be wearing them is happy with them.
 
I don't know If I will be doing them for anyone else... I have had people tell me that they want me to make them some and... I mean I could.... I dunno.
 
I'll put this out there if anyone is interested shoot me an Email at:
 
 
No this is not my personal email, just a side one I'm setting up to see if people would really be interested in this.
 
NOTE: This post will be updated when I get a picture of the girl wearing the shoes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment