Monday, October 22, 2012

Abusive Relationships

One of the hardest things for any man or woman to admit is that they are in an abusive relationship. They think that others will think less of them for being in such a relationship, yet at the same time they are afraid to do anything about it because of the abuser. It's a horrible mental state to be in, and it leaves you feeling terrified and alone.
 
Abuse is most common with women. Yes their are men who are abuse by women, but I will get to that later. Women are abuse more than men because how we are viewed as the weaker sex. I'm not going to say that we are. However I will say that we are the more emotional, and therefore easier to manipulate... sorry girls.
 
In the beginning of the relationship the guy comes off as just the perfect man. He dresses well, he has that confidence that seeps from every pore, and he treats you well enough. You go to nice places, he buys you things, and he woo's you. (Woo is a bloody awful word..). It actually takes a while for him to start whatever form of abuse he uses, and you won't always catch on! It's may start as just a comment, or a small tap on the back of the head. He is testing to see what he can get away with. If she doesn't say anything or do anything about it, it just gets worse from their. Eventually, most likely a year or so into the relationship the woman is terrified and has no clue what happened or what to do.
 
So, what do you do? Honestly I have no idea. Yes I was in an abusive relationship for 2 years, but I was not the one who ended it. (He actually knocked up the 14 year old he was cheating on me with...). I know there are places like Harbor House, and I tried going to them or help.. I'm sorry but they didn't help at all. Maybe it was because I was young that the woman didn't think I needed help. Whatever the reason she was horribly rude and condescending. If you are looking to get out of an abusive relationship your best bet is to just go to your family and tell them what is going on.
 
Yes it will be difficult to admit everything, but you have to understand that you did nothing to deserve any of it. Your family will want to help and protect you in any way they can. The important thing is that you are going to have to learn to move on. Your not going to be able to trust men again for a long time, and depending on what happened you might possibly even be afraid to be around people. I'm not going to sit here and say once you leave life will be sunshine and rainbows.
 
It's taken me almost three years now to get my life back to a semi-normal state. I've finally found a good guy, and I'm even partially able to trust him. Things will get better, you just have to really work for it.
 
Now for the guys. I'm not sure how to talk about this one since I am a girl. I do have a guy friend who was abuse by a girl, and lemme just say... GIRLS ARE BITCHES! trust me DO NOT let us walk all over you because there is no going back from that. Once we are given the freedom to do whatever we want.. we will do whatever we want. End of story. Men you have been warned.
 
It's not just an adult thing too There are a lot of younger kids who are in abusive relationships. With the newer generation what you are seeing is a lot more peer pressure, and mental abuse. One partner wants to do... adult things 0.0 and the other does not. Please parents, don't think any less of your child if they come to you and say they have been abused. It can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment